FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Riverside, CA - 30 September 2013 -- After months of discussion and action-planning over the upcoming institution of HHS Mandate, prominent pro-life leaders are at a final agreement to defy the abortion-funding mandate, which goes into effect October 1, 2013.
The coalition has developed following painstaking discussion and countless meetings, to come to a unified agreement that the Affordable Care Act under the Obama Administration is faithful to one tenet: guaranteeing government funded abortion. Obamacare is a brazen assault on private citizens, religious institutions, and private businesses it involves in the process of child-killing; it directly and overtly tramples conscientious objection and religious liberty.
Says Jeff White, Survivors Founder: "I wonder what our Founding Fathers would have thought about government sponsored infanticide and forcing citizens to pay into a healthcare system that is stripped of all moral code."
Beginning immediately, we invite pro-life citizens to join national leaders like Jeff White, Troy Newman, Joe Scheidler, Fr. Frank Pavone, and many others in signing "A Pledge for the Preservation of Life and Liberty."
This Pledge has been carefully crafted to stand as a 'line in the sand' regarding any scenario in which the ACA forces individuals to participate - whether directly or indirectly - in the destruction of human life. In short, pro-life leaders have chosen one answer: We will not comply.
Thomas Jefferson wrote: "To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical."
The Pledge, which we call on all concerned citizens to sign, ends with this paragraph: "In practicality, this means we will not choose an insurance policy that contains abortion funding, whether directly or indirectly, even to the point of choosing no insurance, at all. Furthermore, we support any citizen who chooses to act in peaceful protest, including non-violent civil disobedience, as the government has no authority to force us, as free citizens, to violate our conscience or forfeit our religious freedoms."
The following pro-life leaders have already signed the Pledge:
* Joe Scheidler, Pro-Life Action League
* Troy Newman, Operation Rescue
* Rev. Terry Gensemer
* Fr. Frank Pavone
* Monica Migliorino Miller, Ph. D.
* Bryan Kemper
* Rev. Patrick Mahoney
* Georgette Forney
* Dana Cody
* Judy Brown
* Jim Sedlak, American Life League
* Day Gardner, National Black Pro-Life Union
* Denise Cocciolone
* Walter B. Hoye, Issues4Life Foundation
* Brian Gibson, Pro-Life Action Ministries
* Brian Fisher
* Bethany and Ryan Bomberger, The Radiance Foundation
* Steven Ertelt
* Kristina Garza, Survivors of the Abortion Holocaust
* Rev. Joe Young, Heroic Media
* Mark Harrington
* Catherine Davis, The Restoration Project
* Steve Koob, One More Soul
* Jill Stanek
* Jennifer Bowen, Iowa Right to Life
* Jeanneane Maxon
* Mary Maschmeier, Defenders of the Unborn
* Terri Herring, Pro-Life America Network
* Edmund B. Miller, Guadalupe Partners
* Sam Casey, The Jubilee Campaign's Law of Life Project
* Bud and Tara Shaver
* Scott Klusendorf. Life Training Institute
* Abby Johnson
* Brandi Swindell
* Rebecca Kiessling
* Greg Cunningham, Center for Bioethical Reform
For more information on signing the Pledge and a list of spokespersons, please visit http://www.prolifenation.org/ pledge.
Contact: Jeff White, 951-750-1114, or Info@survivors.la